Wednesday 12 October 2011

Missions

Hello!!!

Me again!

So todays post is about a new found hobby i have. I reckon most people will find it boring and I dont blame anyone because i used to feel the same.

I have taken up walking. Yes, some may laugh and those that know me WILL.. I'm known to bus it everywhere.I dont do walking..Well i do now.

Just lately, Ive been going on what i'd consider to be long walks. I think it worked out the other day me and a friend had walked five miles without even realising.YES FIVE WHOLE MILES :D
I actually enjoyed the walk though, it was like i was walking and my feet didnt want to stop.Not until the mission home anyway.
Its great exercise for my legs and probably a brilliant calorie burner :)
I was really bad on this walk though,i hadnt had any lunch as i wasnt home to have a shake. I just bought a sausage roll in the shop..It wasnt until afterwards i saw it was 480 calories and 38.3 grams of fat!!!! Thats like half of my daily calorie allowance and half of my fat intake allowance. So i was gutted!!! I dreaded stepping on the scales after eating that.
Anyway, after this shop,me and my friend took a walk round this neighbourhood.It was quite nice seeing somewhere different and exploring this part of Crawley i didnt know existed.
Then we decided to walk over to another neighbour hood to go visit the Tesco's.From where we were it took us a good hour to walk there. When we did,we stopped for chips..yes more bad food..But we shared a small portion between 4 of us..Me, my friend and her two children. (Dont worry,we arent evil,the children are in a buggy so we arent making them walk!) Then we had the agonising walk back to Maidenbower..Another 45 minutes walk..Oh my feet by the time i reached home were agony!!
The walk was so worth it though as it got me out the flat, gave me a chance to catch up with a good friend and see somewhere new.
So later that night i decided to weigh myself. Despite the fact id had that awful sausage roll and a few chips, id actually lost 2lbs!!! Yayyyy GO ME!!
I wasnt expecting it at all and it felt so good!
So ever since, ive been walking.
Its always best to go with someone else because as you're chatting away, you dont realise just how much you're walking because you're too busy to notice.
Then when you get home and look at a map or online route finder or whatever, you can actually work out what you've walked.Its mad lol!

I aim to try and do one of these walks at least once a week! Any more than that and my feet may be tempted to give up on me! If it means i lose some kind of weight then ill keep at it.

If anyone else can reccomend some everyday things that help to lose weight, please feel free to comment with your reccomendations and ill give them a go.Gotta try things once eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment