Monday 6 June 2011

week 4- The Holiday

Hellooooo!
Well what a week its been. A lovely one at that and i'm sad that it ended to be honest.
I went to stay with my lovely grandparents nr Margate in Kent. I dont see them very often and im quite close to them so it was absolutely fab to spend the week with them.
We did soooooo much. From visiting a zoo to relaxing on the sandy beach of Broadstairs. I enjoyed every moment!
When it came to Slimavite i was a tad naughty, but you know, i dont regret it!
I went away on the friday evening so that day i had 2 shakes and when i got to nans, i had a gorgeous home made Shepherds Pie..Or cottage pie..ahh its all the same to me!Then i had a tiny square of nans choc cake she'd made (good for me as normally she makes loadsa cake when we go up and i eat the majority..this year i didnt so im worried a lot of cake will go to waste haha!)For the first 2 days i was good and had my two shakes a day.. come day 3 it just wasnt possible as we were always out around lunchtime so it was just easier to have something light whilst out or make something light when we eventually got in. (either rice cakes, a cheese sandwich or a salad)
I also had 2 meals out...eeeek! But i was good with them. We went to the Harvester one night and i had the meal with the lowest calories on there, It consisted of a small chicken breast, a jacket potato and peas. OMG it was lush!! Not bad for 560 calories. Then i had a Sundae Best coming in at 260 Calories. So ok not great but you gotta treat yourself at some point. Besides.I only had quarter of the thing. My grandad ate the rest of it.Along with his own.Oh and Joshys..Yes 2 and a half sundays!!! (it sounds like my family are a bunch of obese people but i assure you we arent lol!!)
The day after that we went to the beach and decided to go to the pub for lunch.. Well it was packed so my Grandad suggested Frankie and Benny's... The thought of it made me think 'eeek not good not good' but hey it was what the majority of all of us wanted that mattered and Josh was getting ratty because he was hungry.
So we got there and sat down to be told half the stuff on the lunch menu wasnt there as they didnt have a delivery.Healthy meal out the window then.
I shared a couple of dough balls with Josh and me Grandad and had a hot dog and fries for lunch.My god, the size of the hot dog..Ive never seen anything like it!!! Was absolutely delish though and my Joshy helped me finish the thing.
When we got back to nans that day, i did sit and think about the two meals i had at restaurants and felt massively guilty towards my body as i worried it would make me gain lots of weight. Nan kept telling me not to worry! In fact, she told me some very wise words and you know i believe them!
She said 'When on a diet, you have to cheat occasionally.If you dont then you will end up failing spectacularly because you would have been too strict on yourself'.
As i said, shes probably right. Knowing me, im doing so well now,it may have come to a point where i may have caved. So the guilt vanished.
So friday came and it was time to go home. In the car, i kept worrying about what the wii fit would tell me when i got home. Id expected to have put on like 4lbs..
Well shocker!!! I didnt. Id actually LOST 1lb.. Ok not much but its something and as id had a week of being lenient with the diet it was pretty awesome. I came to the conclusion it must have been all the walking id done. The mile and a half to grandads bowls club,walk around wildwood nature park,walk around a museum,mile odd walk to grandads car from the beach etc.
Im so proud of myself for that as it has taken my total loss to 11lb. Not much more to go now!
My weigh in day will change to a thursday now. I know i weighed on a friday but some fridays i dont find the time, so thursdays itll be.. It just means this week ill push myself that little bit harder.
Anyway, I'm off now..Hoping the tons of walking ive done today has contributed to some weight loss..Ahh well..im about to find out!
Bye for now!
xxx

1 comment: